ITRA's mission is to give voice to trail runners from all continents to promote trail running throughout the world and defend its ethical values.Created in July 2013
, the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) mission is to promote trail running at the international
level as a sport, accessible to all, rich in its diversity of cultures and places of practice.
ITRA is committed to giving voice to all trail stakeholders, in all integrity, to:
- structure discipline and share good practices
- contribute to improving the quality of the organization of sporting events in order to promote a sport where the pleasure of trail running goes hand in hand with safety and health and respect for the environment
- maintain constructive relations with institutions, athletics federations and trail running associations, in each country and internationally
- participate in the development of a sustainable practice that respects the environment
- share its sporting ethic with all the actors of the trail running scene and the general public.
The actions carried out by ITRA on behalf of the trail running stakeholders illustrate our commitment to a sport that is experienced as a human adventure, a source of fulfilment and sharing.